Summer Program in Clinical-Translational Research Methods
Summer Research Training and Career Development Program
CCTS 3-Day Summer Program in Clinical and Translational Research Methods
Each summer, the CCTS Research Education and Careers in Health Program offers a three-day program in Clinical and Translational Research Methods for clinicians interested in incorporating research into their clinical practice or those who are interested in exploring clinical and translational research possibilities.
The course discusses research methods, examines the best approaches to clinical research, outlines the steps required for conducting clinical research, explores online bibliographic citation management software and numerous proprietary databases available through the UIC Health Science Library, and reviews the ethical considerations of clinical research including requisite IRB approval and HIPAA requirements.
For more information or for registration questions, please email Jaclyn Jackson or call 312-413-5429.
Summer Research Training and Career Development Program (RTCP)
The Research Training and Career Development Program (RTCP) is a collaboration of the College of Medicine, the School of Public Health, the College of Dentistry, the UIC Center for Clinical and Translational Science, and the UIC Bridges to the Baccalaureate Program. This program is designed for highly motivated undergraduate and graduate students who are interested in exploring potential careers in the health sciences, and is focused on familiarizing them with biomedical research and practice opportunities. Participants will be exposed to issues related to health disparities and health equity, and the impact these have on patient care, health promotion, and prevention.
The program includes:
- Eight-week summer research and practice experience under the mentorship of a UIC faculty member or researcher
- Three-day orientation of training and certification to enhance your professional skills and to be acclimated to a research/practice setting
- Workshops and activities that foster longitudinal mentorship and professional development
- End of program presentation
- Program participants will receive a stipend and University housing will be available for those who may need summer housing (Please note that housing fees will be deducted from individual stipends)