Translational Education & Training Opportunities
Outside of the CCTS, this list includes ongoing UIC, Chicagoland and nationwide clinical and translational education programs and training workshops.
University of Illinois at Chicago
School of Public Health Archived Grantsmanship Workshops
If you are looking to strengthen your grantsmanship skills, SPH Office of Research Services is now posting their archived 2013 and 2014 grantsmanship presentations and webinars on a special intranet page available to the UIC Community. You must sign in with your NetIID and Password using the following format: Username: ad\Your NetID, Password: Your Common UIC Password
Chicagoland CTSA Shared Resources
The Chicagoland Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) Institutes, Northwestern University, University of Chicago and University of Illinois at Chicago, are committed to facilitating greater integration and coordination across the institutes to provide seamless access to all relevant resources for translational researchers. Below is a list of resources and services that investigators and research staff at Chicagoland CTSA institutes have access to. Majority of the resources and services listed below are offered at no charge or at the internal rate to Chicagoland CTSA affiliates. Please refer to each institute’s Point of Contact for additional information and assistance.
Northwestern University Clinical and Translational Sciences (NUCATS) Institute
- Biostatistics Collaboration Center (BCC) Lectures and Seminars
- Clinical Research Coordinator Basic Training Live and Online (offered at CTSA discounted rate)
- Clinical and Translational Research Summer Seminar Series for Medical Students
- Community-Engaged Research Resource Library, Workshops, Seminars and Training Events and Quarterly Manuscript Writing Retreats
- First Mondays Seminar Series for Postdocs and Early Career Faculty
- Galter Health Sciences Library Classes and Workshops
- Introduction to Clinical Research Suite: Interactive Online Training (available to myNUCATS members)
- Mentor Development Workshops
- Team Science Online Learning Modules
Point of Contact for NUCATS resources and services: Amanda Mozer (email@example.com).
The University of Chicago Institute for Translational Medicine (ITM)
- Bioinformatics Training: Monthly Bioinformatics Training and Annual Bioinformatics Workshop
- Committee on Clinical and Translational Sciences (CCTS) Courses
- Essentials of Patient-Oriented Research (EPOR) Training
- myCHOICE (my CHicago Options In Career Empowerment) Public Seminars
- Outcomes Research Workshops (ORW)
- Pathobiology of Disease Seminar Series
- Summer Program in Outcomes Research Training (SPORT)
Point of Contact for UChicago ITM resources and services: Sara Serritella (firstname.lastname@example.org).
National Training Resources
NIH Clinical Center Clinical and Translational Research Course for PhD Students
The Clinical and Translational Research Course for Ph.D. Students is a two-week intensive introductory course offered by the NIH Clinical Center (CC) in July 2014 at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) campus in Bethesda, Maryland.
NIH Medical Research Scholars Program
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Medical Research Scholars Program (MRSP) is a comprehensive, year-long research enrichment program designed to attract the most creative, research-oriented medical, dental, and veterinary students to the intramural campus of the NIH in Bethesda, MD.
2014 NIMHD Translational Health Disparities Course
This two-week intensive course will provide specialized instruction on the concepts, principles, methods, and applications of health disparities science, practice, and policy. It will also integrate principles and practice of community engagement. Nationally and internationally recognized experts in health disparities science will lead individual sessions. The course will take place on the campus of the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland.