Career Development Award Opportunity for Junior Faculty in Health Research
2019 KL2 Clincal & Translational Science (CATS) Scholars Program: Call for Letters of Intent
The Center for Clinical and Translational Science invites prospective candidates to submit a letter of intent (LOI) to apply for the 2019 Clinical and Translational Science (CATS) Scholars Awards. LOI’s, which are required, must be submitted by February 1, 2019. Only applicants that submit an LOI will be considered during the final selection process.
These two year awards provide a vigorous mentoring and career development program for clinical and translational scholars in disciplines and professions such as medicine, dentistry, engineering, social work, nursing, psychology, pharmacy, and physical & occupational therapy.
The CATS Scholars Program is intended to accelerate career progression of scientists who have demonstrated a commitment to clinical and/or translational research. Ideal candidates are tenure track, junior faculty who will have completed the majority of their formal research training and now require protected time to develop a specific research project that will lead to an external funding.
Benefits of the Program:
- 75% release time for research and career development, which will be funded by the CATS Program up to $100,000 (the home department/unit must commit to this release time in writing at the time of application).
- Funds to support scholarly activities. Scholars will receive $25,000 annually to support their scholarly activities, as well as $2,500/year for research related travel.
- Individualized career planning and formalized annual review of progress
- Monthly career development workshops and activities
- Peer review of grants and external presentations
- Committed mentoring from senior faculty
- Access to subsidized CCTS core services (requires submission of an application/proposal for approval)
- Additional funds for external enrichment activities to support career development goals
Application Process and Deadlines:
February 1, 2019: Letters of Intent due by electronic submission only
February 4, 2019: Site for full application submission opens
March 15, 2019: Applications must be submitted by 5:00pm CST
Please contact Melissa Weidman at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 413-1716.